The truckers prepare their IRS Tax Form 2290 and report the HVUT on heavy vehicles with the taxable gross weight of 55,000 pounds or more. The taxable heavy vehicles include the truck tractors, trucks and buses. The HVUT rate is $550 per vehicle, which is based on the gross weight of the vehicle’s category and the mileage usage limit(5,000 miles for general heavy vehicle and 7,500 miles for agricultural vehicles). File the excise tax for the current tax period starting from July 1st and ending on June 30th.
IRS HVUT Form 2290 E-filing for 2019-20
Prepare and file Form 2290 through Tax2efile, the quickest and safest way to file your 2290 returns electronically. The IRS will also receive the returns faster than the paper filing and issues the Stamped Schedule 1 copy instantly soon after accepting the filing. The main benefits of electronic filing are, eliminates the human errors to the maximum, performs automatic math calculation and directly transmits the filed return to the IRS.
E-filing is made mandatory by the IRS, when the tax filer files more than 25 vehicles for the tax period. However, single vehicle owner also can E-file 2290 filing electronically with ease and quickness. Generally, the E-filing is quicker than the traditional paper filing and returns the IRS Stamped Schedule 1 within minutes after the IRS process and acceptance.
2019-20 Form 2290 Due Date
The due date of Form 2290 for the taxable vehicle is the first used month on the public highways during the tax period. The tax period usually starts on July 1st and ends on June 30th. Usually the deadline of HVUT Returns is August 31st every year. File the Form 2290 by the end of the month following the month of vehicle’s first usage. If the due date falls on Weekends or a legal holiday, proceed filing by the next business day.
When you need to file IRS 2290 Form for more than a vehicle in more than a month, then you need to file it separately for each month.
Why to E-file 2290 with Tax2efile?
Still few of the taxpayers are sticking with the traditional paper filing for Form 2290, but the IRS recommends them to take advantage of the quick and convenient filing Form 2290 electronically and pay the tax due electronically. The IRS made electronic filing mandatory when reporting 25 or more vehicles.
Benefits of Form 2290 Electronic Filing
Listing down the advantages that you could get while you E-file HVUT 2290 Form with us electronically :
- Simple, easy and secure E-filing Tax System for all taxpayers.
- Tax2efile tax calculator calculates your tax amount accurately.
- Get instant notification of your application through text alert or by email.
- Receive the IRS Stamped Schedule 1 copy in minutes after successful filing.
- Download our new free iOS App and Android App for mobile friendly / other devices filing.
- E-file the 2290 returns and get instant results when compared to paper filing.
- Reduce your time and effort by standing in the IRS queue.
- Pre-file your Form 2290 and enjoy the tax period peacefully.
- Manage all your tax records organized in your dashboard.
- Download your received Stamped Schedule 1 copy anytime from the Tax2efile Dashboard.
- Professional guidance is given throughout the filing process.
- Free VIN correction is provided.
- Get 24 / 7 customer support from professional customer support team.
In order to register or renew the vehicle under your name with the state authorities, you must file Form 2290 and Schedule 1 for the tax period starting from July 1st to June 30th. The Taxpayer can be a Corporation, Individual, Limited Liability Company(LLC), Partnership or any other type of organization(Including the Charitable Trust, Non-profit Organizations, Educational Institutions etc) must report the Truck Tax 2290 Forms.
Call us at 703-229-0326 or email us at email@example.com for any suggestion and queries. Our tax experts team will take care of rest while filing IRS Form 2290 online.